Part I of today's episode we cover:
- How leaders get hybrid wrong (and what to do about it)
- How J.R. & team are helping to foster a hybrid model that brings the best of his team to be more purposeful, productive, agile, and flexible.
- We talk about the difference between the Jobs and Tasks across J.R.'s team in a hybrid model.
- According to Microsoft, there's a survey that says that 40% of employees are thinking of quitting their jobs (click here). The survey highlighted seven major trends (which we cover below).
- Flexible work is here to stay
- Leaders are out of touch with employees and need a wake-up call
- High productivity is masking an exhausted workforce
- Gen Z is at risk and will need to be re-energized
- Shrinking networks are endangering innovation
- Authenticity will spur productivity and wellbeing
- Talent is everywhere in a hybrid world
My conversation with J.R. was inspired by a timely article from the Harvard Business Review - How to Do Hybrid Right: When designing flexible work arrangements, focus on individual human concerns, not just institutional ones.
Follow the podcast:
Subscribe on iTunes.
Subscribe on Spotify.
If you prefer to listen than to watch, here’s the audio below.
And if you don’t want to wait a month for part II of my interview with J.R. Sloan, look above and click on the yellow banner at the top of the page to take you to TechTablesTV for exclusive access to all Season 3 interviews and Part II interviews to-date.
And don’t forget to share the podcast on LinkedIn and Twitter. You can connect with Joe Toste on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Thank you to our sponsor Nagarro.